I really enjoyed this posting at Scattered Stones about the death of common sense, here is a few examples of no common sense of things that have happened to me lately.
I have not felt like posting much lately. I don't know why, just haven't felt like it lately. Sorry. Anyway's the farp went ok. Could have gone better but the officers in charge of planning it did a poor job of that. Probably due to a lack of common sense. That is going to be the dominant theme in today's posting by the way. Common sense, or lack of. Anyway we would get out to the farp at 6:00 am and the weather would be nice with a clear sky. Clear of clouds and helicopters. By noon the clouds would roll over the mountains but not so bad that the pilots couldn't fly. But they didn't. As we say the Apache is a all weather aircraft with fair weather pilots. By mid afternoon it would be raining and we would go home at 6:00pm. A full day wasted. This went on for two weeks with the random aircraft coming in once in a while. However I did get a army achievement medal for being the best pad chief and working the hardest out on the farp so that kinda made up for some of the crap.
The next thing has to do with my recent status update on facebook. For those of you that didn't see it I posted that I hate my unit and company commander. There are a few reasons for this. The first happened a while back when we had to come in a mothers day Sunday to work because apparently we weren't working hard enough during the week and getting aircraft fixed but there was several other things leading to this that weren't our fault. We were doing the best we could with what the higher ups were giving us. The second reason happened last Thursday when we found out that another company had lost two FCR's which sit above the rotor blades on the Apache and can locate tanks, trucks and other sort of large enemy structures. It's a big radar. Altogether these two components are worth about $15 million. Yes, $15 million. So we spent two hours looking for them after work when we should have been at home. We later found out that they were in the back of a truck the company had sent to get painted. There is much more that I could go on about but that doesn't matter. Just let me ask, do you lose all common sense when you assume command of a military unit, or are some people just not born with it? I personally would go with the second answer. I do feel a little better for venting though.
6 comments:
Some people are not born with it, or they don't grow up seeing it. I can tell you that there is a lack of common sense all over - not just in the army. Hang in there and keep doing a good job!
O no! I hope things start looking up for you soon!!!
Not fun!! I'm sorry things have been frustrating. Hope they are on the up swing now!
Oh Andy I could write a book about what I believe, but the short of it is this: Yes I believe there are some who are born with very little common sense, and some that have alot of it. The thing about those higher ups, is they have lost touch with those who really do the work. I was just talking to Pastor Steve and Phil Forner about this very thing has week. Those of us that do the work are directed by people far removed from the work, so they have no concept of how it effects the job. They may have common sense, just no perspective anymore.
There is my short version!
I think we have the same commanders here at the N.H. LOL
Smile and live with it.
So many people with brains have no common sense - at least there are a few of us around with both!! :)
I hope you're smiling now!
Post a Comment