Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fort Campbell, My New Home

CIMG7084 So as most everyone knows the army recently decided that it needed me at Fort Campbell, KY more then it needed me at Fort Carson, CO. I left Fort Carson and the 1-2 “Gunfighters”at the end of September. I was ready to leave the unit, however I was sad to have to say goodbye to all the good friends I had there. Hopefully some day down the road I’ll see some of them again.

I got to Fort Campbell the second week of October and began the long process of doing all the in-processing you have to do when you move to another duty station. Mostly this involves things like dental and medical exams and making sure all your paper work is correct.

017 After all that is done I got assigned to my new unit, which is part of the 101st Airborne Division.  This will be my new home for most likely the next three years. I am doing the same thing that I did at Fort Carson, just with new faces and new aircraft.

On another note, most of you may know already that I will be deploying next February. I don’t know any details besides that for now.

5 comments:

Mari said...

Looking forward to hearing more about life in Kentucky. Glad you are finally done with all that paperwork!

Unknown said...

Praying for your safety Andy and that you will find some more good friends.

Cheri said...

I'm glad you're finally settled although not for long :(
So glad some of your friends are coming there too.

Anonymous said...

thinking of and praying for you!

Terri said...

Glad that you got a place to stay and are settling in. Enjoy the beautiful Kentucky weather!