Sunday, August 16, 2009

Some Very Delayed Pictures

So there hasn't been a whole lot going on lately to post about. I also have not even felt like blogging at all so that doesn't help.

My eyes have been doing good lately. The first few days after my surgery I slept a lot. Things up close and far away are still blurry but the in between is clear. It will take about 2-3 months to clear up completely.  That's about the biggest news I have so here are some pictures I just got from Wilson from the weekend we went on the trails and I broke my camera.

CIMG8181

This would be the moment right after the fated spill. Nice and dirty.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CIMG8194 CIMG8197

CIMG8207 This is Helen Hunt Falls. We stopped here and hiked the trail that follows the river that flows down the mountain and feed this waterfall.

 

CIMG8209

 

 

 

 

This is the view from the bridge atop the falls. It was a lot higher then it looked like from the bottom.

 

 

CIMG8215 Part of the river flowing down the mountain.

 

 

 

 

 

CIMG8218

Sitting down felt pretty good after hiking half way up the trail.

CIMG8219

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Some of us were a little more tired then others.

CIMG8231

But in the end it was worth it for the view of Colorado Springs.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm glad your eyes are doing better. Hopefully yours will clear up before the 2-3 months!
Helen Hunt Falls is so beautiful!

Mari said...

I'm so happy to see a post here! What a gorgeous place. I love the pictures.

Unknown said...

Andy, you need to take your parents to some of those cool places. It is so beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

I'm glad to hear your eyes are doing well!!! What amazing pictures! It looks like you guys had a fun time :)

A Stone Gatherer said...

Great pictures Andy! A few years ago we were up in the UP over by Presque Isle River. There's this really cool bridge that we were walking over. There was a lady talking to another lady on the bridge. He camera dropped and bounced off the bridge into the river. We all looked over the bridge like we could do something. Quite the bummer! Have fun with Dad and Mom! Glad that your eyes are doing better!

Terri said...

Glad your eyes are doing better. Isn't it great to be able to see without the glasses? The pictures are gorgeous. What a great state for your parents to be visiting with you! Hope you all have a great time!