Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Name is Andy

I don't know how many of you watch the show "My Name is Earl". I do, and I laugh every time. For those not familiar with it the main character, Earl, wins the lottery but promptly losses the winning ticket and attributes everything that had gone wrong in his life to karma because he has a led a not so good life.

While recently I have had my own sting of bad luck, or karma if you will. Roughly 2 weekends ago Wilson, Stoskopf(one of my other friends) and myself decided to drive on a mountain trail that is very scenic and beautiful. Wilson and S. rode with me in my Jeep because Wilson's car overheated on the trip up the mountain to the main parking spot before the trail begins.

A little while into the trail I pulled off into a side spot so we could get out and take some pictures. Wilson decided this would be a good spot to ramble off into the woods to pee. S. and myself had the bright idea to sprint back to my jeep dive in and pretend like we were going to leave Wilson behind. I know this wasn't a very nice thing to do but don't worry I learn my lesson.

We begin sprinting back to the jeep which just so happens to be parked on a loose gravely spot with a truck parked right next to the drivers side. See where this is going. I went to turn to get around the truck which sent my left foot skidding backwards and down I went. Like a sack of potatoes.

I managed to tweak my knee pretty good, I think I'll have a pretty sweet scar from it though. But the worst part of it is that I had my camera in my left pocket, which, other then my knee, managed to absorb the brunt of the fall. It peeled back the metal casing on the side and cracked the screen. Awesome. All for trying to leave a friend behind.

So last Friday I got a new camera only to have to return it tonight because it also decided to quit working on me. I guess all I can say is karma is no friend of mine.

Some pictures I took before the fateful incident.

DSC00017 DSC00025

DSC00038 DSC00033

5 comments:

Mari said...

The pictures are beautiful! Hope you get this camera situation taken care of soon so you can post more.
Happy Birthday!!! Love you lots!

Cheri said...

They really are pretty pictures- I want to see your knee though!
Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Melissa said...

Glad you're okay!
Happy birthday! :)

Karla and Diane said...

Ha! Great story. Wilson definitely had the last laugh! Bummer about your knee and camera though. I was afraid you were going to say you needed surgery and that's why you had a knee scar! Sheesh Andy...try to be safe out there, ok? And have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Aspiemom said...

I'm visiting from your mom's blog.

Happy Birthday a day late! Mine is today.

You take very nice pictures. I'm sorry to hear about your fall and hope your knee heals quickly. What a bummer about your camera!