Monday, May 4, 2009

Final New Mexico

CIMG1643I'm sure everyone is know sick of hearing about New Mexico so this is going to be my last post about it. In fact it really isn't even about New Mexico. It is just going to be some pictures from the return trip. Everything was covered in snow so it was a much prettier drive back then it was there. You may remember the picture of Chimney rock from a earlier post when it was mostly covered by the fog, This is what it looks like on a clear day.

These pictures are from Wolfs Creek Pass. This was the twisty turning mountain pass we had to drive through.

 CIMG1648 CIMG1652

CIMG1655 CIMG1664

CIMG1665 CIMG1662

On the last picture, if you click on it to make it bigger you can see the road on the side of the mountain. It is the snowy strip in the center of the picture. The next grouping I took at a scenic overlook that was halfway up the mountain.

CIMG1667 CIMG1668

CIMG1669 CIMG1671 CIMG1673 CIMG1678

CIMG1679 CIMG1680

And finally a random last grouping.

CIMG1688 CIMG1700

CIMG1694 CIMG1703

CIMG1693 

This was one of my favorites from the return trip. I think the little house and barn look so cool against the mountains with the low hanging clouds.

Also many of you may have heard, I did buy a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee on Friday. However the weather here has been very crummy and has not been cooperating with my plans to take pictures of it. Once it clears up I will be sure to take pictures and post them for your viewing pleasure.

5 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Definately not tired of the post Andy! All the pictures are beautiful especially that last one! Great shot!

Terri said...

I love the pictures. Mountains are so beautiful (if you don't have to drive in them all the time!)
Can't wait to see pictures of the new jeep!

Mari said...

I'm not sick of it either. Those are great shots. Can't wait to see the Jeep!

Karla and Diane said...

Love the last picture too! It would look great framed. Looks like you had a great time.

Unknown said...

I'm enjoying them too, because we have been to many of the same places.. We drove Wolf creek pass a few years ago. Brings back some nice memories of trips out west.