Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Get Away From The Edge!

CIMG1600 I could just hear moms voice shouting that as these pictures were taken. This was at the semi dried river bed that Wilson and I walked around at during the day on Sunday. I saw this small out cropping and had to have Wilson take my picture because I know that mom would freak when she saw it. I tried to get Wilson to go stand there too, but he didn't feel safe there.

CIMG1601 CIMG1603

 CIMG1602CIMG1604

Here's the view looking down from where I was standing. Not too far if you ask me.

 

 

 

CIMG1605 CIMG1606

I wanted to climb to the big rock in the second picture and have my picture taken there too, but Wilson wouldn't let me.

CIMG1631    This is the rock I was standing on as viewed from the other side of the gorge.

11 comments:

Mari said...

Andrew Scott! I don't want to get a call that you fell off a rock, doing something stupid. Tell Wilson I said "thanks" for trying to keep you in line!

Cheri said...

Thank goodness you surround yourself with people with common sense since you don't appear to have any!!!!!
Now you listen to your mother and your aunt and stay away from the edge!

Melissa said...

Shame on you for scaring your mother!
Great pictures though! :)

Heather said...

Great pictures!! That third picture of you...I hate to tell you that this is a pose that your father would do :)

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh your poor mother! You should see some pictures of my kids in California! I needed a valium after those climbs! I have to maybe send them to you! Too scary for us moms!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Andy, heres the post where my kids were driving me insane!!

http://astonegatherer.blogspot.com/2008/07/sunset-at-inspiration-point.html

Unknown said...

Smart man that Wilson!!! But I have to agree some of the views from high up are stupendous!!!
I'll check on your Mom tomorrow to see if she is alright... I'm sure she is rattled..

chelsea said...

that's really funny, i would do the same thing. my mother would also freak out about it :-)

Unknown said...

Hey Andy, your Mom just posted that May is Military month so I want to say THANK YOU for serving our Country, and please pass this on to all your friends there too!!!

Rebekah said...

just wanted to say Thank You for your service to our Country

Laura said...

I'm glad to know that while Wilson thought it was too risky to stand there himself - you thought that the risk was worth it just to make Mom freak out... :) This does not surprise me.