This weekend I went down to Land Between the Lakes recreation area. It is national forest nearby the Cumberland river. It has a lot of trails to drive on along with lots of other things to do like camp and fish.
This is the Great Western Furnace. It was built in 1854 and was used to make iron. However it was closed in 1856 due to a lack of funds to keep it running, and an uprising from the slaves who worked on it.
Can you see the hawk sitting in the middle of this picture?
And what about the Blue Heron standing on the ice in the middle of the lake?
This Heron was just waiting for dinner on the side of the Cumberland river.
![]()
5 comments:
Great pictures! Even when I click and enlarge them, they look good.
I do like the barn one just like you said.
Very nice pictures! I like the last one a lot!
Nice Pictures, you got to see some interesting live stock!!!
Looks like a fun place to wander around. I knew Mari would like the barn shot :)
Wow! You are alive ;) I was just noticing yesterday that it's been 2 months since you posted! (Gotta give you a hard time!)
Great pictures! It sounds like you had a nice time :)
Post a Comment