Thursday, July 10, 2008

Culture Night

Last night I was one of the lucky few from the armament shop who was "voluntold" to go the a little event put on here at wonderful Camp Eagle. It was the

100_0883

It was a presentation of a traditional Korean wedding and a tea party. I know I should be learning about the culture of Korea while I'm here but this was really boring to me. It was really hard to understand the narrator and the people acting didn't really seem to know what was going on. It is cool to see the way that they dress though.

Theses are just pictures of the wedding ceremony. The ones taken in the dark were supposed to be the honeymoon. The last few are from the tea party.

100_0864  100_0865

100_0866

100_0871 

100_0875

100_0877

100_0878

100_0886 

100_0898

100_0905

Enjoy your day. Andy

10 comments:

Cheri said...

It does look kind of interesting. I love seeing the dress and the food.
Don't worry- you're not along- My kids get "voluntold" to do alot of things too!

Terri said...

I'm so glad you voluntold for this event. It's good to learn some culture while you're there!

Although I can imagine this might have been a tad bit boring for you!

Anonymous said...

Voluntold. That's my favorite bit about this blog. LOVE that word! Agree with you though ... while the clothes were great -- you've seen one wedding, you've seen them all. And "Tea party" is a regrettable term for military people to have to employ. Do you have to practice extending your pinky finger? Do you nibble on tiny crustless sandwiches? Is there a lot of bowing and nodding? Details, Andy. Your reading public wants details!!

Mari said...

I think you grew up being voluntold a lot so you should be used to it! The clothes are neat to see but it doesn't sound like something army guys would get into. Thanks for sharing with your faithful readers though!

Laura said...

I think I would have liked to see it just to see the clothes and stuff, but I guess it does seem a little weird for them to think that a bunch of soldiers want to watch a wedding - no matter what culture!

Heather said...

The clothes look interesting, but, like the others, I don't see any big, strong Army men being very interested in a wedding or tea party!

Robert said...

Better than cleaning latrines, but not by much.

Rebekah said...

"voluntold" lol, thats a good word. I like it

Dena said...

wow - and to think you could have been watching something on your new big screen!

Unknown said...

I'm catching up on blog reading I have a signal. I love tht voluntold... great word, all mom' use that one..