I was able to make it out to Seoul Tower on Monday. It is one of many tourist attractions in Seoul as it give a 360* view of the city and really shows how big Seoul really is. I have quite a few pictures to show so I will get right to it.
This was at the base of the mountain it is built on, Namsan Mt.
We saw this sign and thought "that's not very far lets just hike up the mountain instead of taking the cable car." Yeah sounded like a good idea until we saw nothing but this . . .
Nothing but stairs straight up. But we set our little hearts to it and preceded on.
"No, we are only halfway up."
Right near the top of the mountain were these smoke signal stations. These have been here since the 1300's.
Here is a view of the base at the base of the tower.
We took an elevator up to the big round part of the tower and were greeted by this view.
See the little blue spot in the middle, that's where we started out hike up the mountain.
The fall colors in Korea aren't as beautiful as in the states. There is more brown then anything.
Around the whole observatory was different cities of the world and the distance to them from Seoul. Here's New York - 11,000 km and Washington D.C. - 11,100 km.
I'm pointing to Chicago, the closest to home at 10,000 km.
Here is the view towards Moscow - 6,000 km and Beijing - 955 km.
See that little stretch of road in the middle of the picture? That is the main road on the post at Yongsan. If you look just left and up of that you see a big brown building, that is Dragon Hill Lodge. I stayed here my first night in country.
Once we left the tower it was still early in the day so we decided to walk back down the mountain(which took half the time of going up, imagine that) and then walked back through Seoul to get back on post. That trip took more time as it was quite a good distance away. I think I will post a story about that trip tomorrow.
Here is the final picture. Seoul tower as viewed from the bus stop on post at Yongsan.
8 comments:
Better you than me walking up there! What a great view though from the top. We're only about 10,000 km from each other huh?
That is such a hike- I would have been dead......no really I would have been dead!
How cool that you pointed out Russia and China!!
What an awesome view!!!!!
Mom hopes you stayed away from the edge.
What a hike! I'm so impressed that you went up all those stairs. You did have quite a view. I'm not worried about the edge - it looks like you were closed in!
Wow! I would have to say that the hike up there was worth it! Those are some beautiful views! Only 6,214 miles apart! I think that sounds better than 10,000 km!
Wow I am really impressed that is a lot of walking. & Thanks Heather, I wanted to know how far 10,000 Km was in miles.. I like miles better...
Wow! That hike was worth it! What a cool view!
Post a Comment