Monday, December 22, 2008

What a Man

I saw this on another blog this morning and thought it was so cool. I am very sad to see President Bush leaving office because I know the new president won't give the time of day for this type of thing.

President Bush and Vice President Cheney privately comfort troops.

I also saw this a few months ago and was planning on posting in but forgot about it. I think now is the perfect time. Go Here and then scroll up to the top to the article titled The Value of Service.

All I can say is Obama has a lot of work to do if he ever wants any of the respect I have for President Bush.

11 comments:

Mari said...

Wow - those were really interesting articles. It makes me respect President Bush all the more to know he did this, and not for good publicity.

Unknown said...

You bet Obama has alot of work to gain any respect from this household!!.

Cheri said...

I love it that he did this privately- it shows he was doing it for the right reason.

Heather said...

What great articles! I always respected Bush but I respect him all the more after reading that!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Thanks for sharing those articles Andy! They stir up many emotions! I want to throw them in liberals faces, but President Bush wouldn't want that. I just popped by to wish you A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Zaankali said...

Merry Christmas Andy!

Anonymous said...

Andy...Thinking of you and wishing you a Merry Christmas and a day Blessed by Our Lord and Savior. Thanks so much for the card with your picture. We loved it! Jean&JB

Cathy said...

Hi, I came from your Mom's blog. Thank you for your service, and I hope you had a blessed Christmas. I know you will miss President Bush.

Terri said...

There's always a lot we don't know about people. I'll give Obama a chance but I don't think he's got any of the morals I want in my president.
Hope you had a great Christmas - it was great talking to you yesterday!

Robert said...

Those were great articles, teared me up just reading them.

Laura said...

Those were great articles. I have read things before like that. Sad to say I don't see a whole lot of hope of that kind of humanity coming out of Obama.