Monday, December 8, 2008

The Move

102_1450 I know many of you already know the news about my unit leaving Korea. In case you don't here is a quick explanation.

We were told that our unit would be re-stationing from South Korea to Fort Carson, CO which is just outside of Colorado Springs. The first wave of people would be leaving by the end of December with the rest following behind in mid to end January. I was going to be leaving sometime around the end of January. The entire unit was scheduled to be in CO and ready to train by Feb '09. This is taking place so we can conduct the training necessary to get ready for a deployment to Iraq by the end of '09.

That was the original plan, up till a week ago. Now we have been told that no one will be leaving Korea until March. From what I understand this is because the unit that will be moving in to Korea to replace us won't be here until then plus the South Korean government wouldn't let us leave until then. That means that the dates for everything else has been pushed back as well. Sometimes I just love the way the Army conducts business.

Here is an news article that has a little more information.

7 comments:

Mari said...

It would be nice to get the dates set for sure, but I guess that's how things work in the Army! The article was interesting.

Cheri said...

I will be thrilled when you're in Colorado- as for the rest of the plan- I'll deal with that when the time comes!

Mari said...

I wish things would be a little more sure to, but I guess that's army life! The article was good - sound like they are happy to have you. Of course - who wouldn't be?

Heather said...

That is so frustrating!! The Army can be so difficult to work with!

Unknown said...

Wow, That sounds like a battalion shuffle to me. It will be nice to have you back in the States for awhile but going to Irag is scary!!!
I Love your Task ahead on the side bar...Very powerful

Unknown said...

HI Andy
someone sent this web site to me but I thought you might like to see it too. Its all about planes and choppers
http://home.comcast.net/~bzee1a/

hope it works for you.

Terri said...

How frustrating but we're still excited that you will be a little closer to us soon!