I had planned on answering these earlier but the gunnery was not going very smoothly and after working from 5:00am to 7:00pm all I felt like doing was sleeping at the end of the day. But I will post about that later.
1. If you were not in the army what would you do for a career? If you had asked me this when I would have said without a doubt be a pilot. Now I would still like to get a pilots license but I think if i wasn't in the military I would probably say be a police officer or something close to that. I will never be able to have a office job.
2a. Do you miss your Mom? of course
b. What things in the army live up to your expectations and what do not? I didn't really have a lot of expectations when I joined. I didn't know what I was getting into. I did expect basic to be hard, and parts of it where. I didn't expect to have to put up with a lot of the politics and other sorts of stupid things that commanders and other higher ranking people can pull.
3. Is it harder than you thought living away from family? In basic and the first few months it was. But it isn't so bad anymore. I am able to call them everyday, talk for as long as I want, plus we can use a webcam whenever. There are still moments though. I think the worst times is the day before and after I leave from being home on leave. I don't like those days.
4. I would like to know what your favorite part of being in the military is? There is a lot of things I enjoy. How many people can say they work on a multimillion dollar flying weapon everyday. Or have done all and seen all the things I have since joining. But I think the best part is the memories I will have. Like getting lost in Korea, or any of the things we did in Korea for that matter. Things like that are what I really enjoy.
5. Are you glad you're not in Korea right now? Yes very. I have heard that the troops there are on high alert which probably isn't very fun. I would really like little Kim to wisen up because I don't want to end up back there.
6. So is Army food as bad as all the "army songs" make it out to be? It depends where you are eating it and what it is. Some things you learn to avoid and other food you get every time you see it. However if you are in the field, you can almost expect to not enjoy the food. But if it's a hot cooked meal you eat it anyway simply because it's not a MRE.
7. Are you looking at the Army as a career, or only short term? That's undecided yet. I planned on becoming an officer and going to flight school but I don't know if I want to do this for the rest of my life. I waiver with that everyday. But I don't have to make that choice for at least another three years.
8. So far how do you like Colorado??? So far it hasn't been bad. The weather could be better but when it is nice it's beautiful. And there are so many places to explore you should never get bored. I kinda sound like a brochure advertising CO. So who wants to come visit now?
Thank you to everybody who asked a question. Here's to (possibly) another 100 posts!
6 comments:
Great info Andy! Thanks for answering our questions!
Those were fun to read. Good answers - especially the one about missing your Mom.
That was very informative and yes, I'll come to CO. any time I love it out there.
Thanks for answering all those questions! A glimpse into the mind of Andy... :)
Fun questions and of course great answers!
Hi there, I just stopped by from your Mom's site to say hi! nice to meet you.
And thanks for keeping America safe :-)
Post a Comment