I don't have much to say. I had a pretty busy week, lot's of maintenance going on. We are leave for the field on Saturday until the 5th of October. I am going to my first F.A.R.P.(Forward Arming Refueling Point) It's where the helicopters land to get loaded up with ammo and missiles. The pilots are going to be shooting rockets and the 30mm gun while we're there and then hellfire missiles the last three days. I am looking forward to learning a lot but not being in the field. That part isn't so much fun.
And like last week this week is going to be just as if not more busy because we have to pack everything up for the field as well as finish up any work on the aircraft we are doing and do the daily inspections on the aircraft. Also we just got two do privates in the shop so it looks like I am going to be doing some training with them to try and get them up to speed on the basic stuff they need to know.
All this work gives me an excuse to not be as up to speed on my postings this week right?
8 comments:
So you get to go camping huh??? What fun..
Umm, no! There is really no excuse for getting behind in your posts. Especially if you are going to be away from the computer for a while. Any slacking you do will have to be made up for when you get back.
I'm looking forward to more pictures when you do come back.
I'll cut you slack Andy- I think you've got a perfectly good excuse!
Two "do" privates? Is that a Freudian slip? Adoring public first, do privates second...aw heck, Uncle Sam signs your pay check take care of those grunts.
I suppose we will let you off this time...we dont want you in trouble with Uncle Sam!
That may be a possible excuse but who am I to talk - I don't have much to say lately either!
when I wore a uniform we did not have blogs.(30 some odd years ago)
The Great thing is that no mater what branch you are in they all start with the same first 2 letters U.S.This being said,Brother Thank You For serving this Great Country. former SGT.M.J.Golch U.S.A.F. My Dad was in the U.S.A.A.F.Many of my family have worn different uniforms of our different branches of service. My DAd Army Air Force. my self and one of my cousins Air Force. My Uncle Army ans well as a cousin,one cousin was nave. both of my brother in laws a Army.
My point is that we all have done our duty to country First,conversations second.
I worked in Busan, Korea before and loved it! Who are you at war with right now??? Are north and south korea still fighting??? I know when I was there, military were directing traffic, and that included us pedestrians that were just crossing a street! And there wasn't even a huge event happening at all, either, which was totally unlike Vancouver during a huge event. It was odd! But overall I enjoyed all the culture things there...the world as you know it is totally flipped upside down when you go from North America to Asia! And I think the best way to cope with that was to do as Paul said in the Bible about the Romans when you're in Rome...and do as they do...that's what I did. I felt Korean too!!! while I was there when I came back home though I was THANKFUL to live in a place that has so much land and free space all around! It is definitely a humbling experience and I'm glad you enjoy your work!!! I pray you get back to posting soon...toodles~
Post a Comment