I would just like to say thank you to everyone who posted a comment wishing me a happy birthday. I was amazed when I got on on today and saw that there was over 30 comments.
It really helped to improve my day. I will admit that when I woke up on Wednesday I was a little depressed. I have had those moments of homesickness since I got to Korea but for the most part I have been pretty good. However it really hit me when I realized that I wasn't going to see my family that day except for through webcam.
I am so blessed that God gave me the wonderful family that I have. They stay up late every night so that they can talk to me online during my lunch break. They have never hesitated to do anything for me or send me things that I may need and they have been extremely supportive over the last several months. I thank God every day for my family.
I have also received some comments asking questions about things over here so I figured I would take a moment to answer some of them.
First off, yes there are three guys that were in my class in AIT that are now with me here in Korea. One of them was one the flight over here with me and the other two came a week after me.
Second, yes aunt Cheri there is stuff on TV that is in English. There is a group of channels that is the Armed Forces Network which has ESPN, movies, regular shows etc. also we get certain HBO channels and a few Korean channels. The best part is through AFN we don't have to pay for any pay-per-view events that are on. Which means that I can watch all the UFC events that I want. Yesssss!
Third, my roommate is a good guy. He has been in country for a couple months so he knows the goings on around here and has been very helpful when I need to know anything.
I guess those are the main three. If you have any more questions feel free to ask them I will do my best to try and answer them.
Once again thank you to every one for wishing me a happy birthday and to everyone who prays for me and all the other soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines. I truly appreciate it.
Andy
11 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good Birthday. This blogging thing is pretty cool isn't it!!
Your mom was telling me how cool the webcam is- I'm so glad you guys get to talk with that- thank goodness for technology!
I agree with Cheri, this blog is pretty cool and it's a good way to hear about your life in Korea!! Thanks for all you share on here! :)
Webcam's - what great things. Glad you got it all working. I'll be gone for the weekend - we've got some camping to do! We'll be thinking of all you military guys on Monday!!
Happpy Birthday Andy! Sorry we are a little behind the times. We love your Mom though - so we keep in touch with all that is going on with you!
Sweet blessings for an extra special day!
In HIM,
All of Us at ATH
Happy belated birthday Andy!!
I'm praying for you here in WA :)
I'm glad you enjoyed all those greetings. I was happy that there were so many nice people who took the time to do that!
I'm loving the webcam!
I'm just a little behind (due to company this week), but I wanted to wish you a Happy Happy Birthday.
Hugs from a friend of your Mom,
Kat
Happy Belated Birthday, Andy!
I hope you are doing well in Korea. I am a blog friend of your mom's - I love reading your mom's blog!
Take care and best of luck with your transition in another country - you will do well! You have my utmost respect. Be well!
I have to agree you do have a great family I have gotten to know your Aunts thu their blogs and in person and they make a person feel comfortable and welcome.
I have a question are you learning the Korean language??
those were good questions - all things i want to know and I must say you DO have a great family (newest aunt included) hahahaha!
do you have a lot of down time -
can you leave the base whenever you want
and where do you buy groceries
Hi Andy! We're praying for you and your fellow service members, especially on this Memorial weekend. Glad to know you're ok. Keep the news coming, it's so wonderful that we can stay in touch this way. We all love you so much and are so very proud of you. Stay safe, etc.
Love, K&D
(Package get there yet?)
Starting new letter about new happenings in the Earl Chronicles..
Post a Comment