I have had many request from people (mainly mom) to post some pictures of my current room. So here you go.
This is my bed. It doesn't look anything like it ever did in training mainly because I had to make it to specific standards then and I don't have to worry about that now. Thank goodness for small favors.
This is looking into the room. My roommate had just done laundry and didn't have time to fold it before he had to go. just if you were wondering about the stack of clothes.
This is the small sink we have in our room. Just thought you all might like to see that.
And finally we have here our fridge, microwave and large TV. No that didn't come with the room, it belongs to my roommate.
I also have been requested to post a picture of the wonderful tea spoons I got back on culture day. Drum roll please . . .
Amazing! I think they would make a wonderful decoration on the wall of kitchen back home, don't you?
And finally I took this picture of a poster of the battalion I am in now.
It's the 1st battalion, 2nd aviation regiment.
I hope you all enjoyed the tour of my humble abode. I tried not to be too flashy so you all wouldn't be jealous and want to join me here in wonderful Korea.
38 comments:
I'm liking that TV. I was thinking of coming but I don't know if I could handle the size of the bathroom. It might be a "bit" crowded!
Your bed looks better than Katelyn, Chelsea or Shaelyn's! Good job on that.
Your room looks nice...and that TV! Someone's spoiled! :)
Those spoons are pretty neat too!
There is always laundry to be done, but are those your shoes all in a straight line? Really?
Thanks - I really enjoyed that! You may have to buy that tv from your room mate when he leaves.
I think those spoons are pretty neat. I think Karla has a spoon collection - don't let her steal them!
One more thing - good job on the bed making - even if it's not up to the previous army standards.
I agree- your bed looks good. The TV is great but is there anything on Korean TV that you can understand??
Thanks for the pictures.
That doesn't look so bad - better than before right? And thank goodness for roomates with huge TV's!
and.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
I Love you and wish you were here to give you a great big hug!
Hi Andy - welcome to blogging! I found you from your mom's blog (she is one great lady) and I'm looking forward to reading yours too.
God bless you & thank you for your service!
Alane
Hi Andy! Happy Birthday!! Love the room. Looks more like a little apartment than a barracks, huh? Have you learned any useful Korean phrases yet? Is your roomie ok or just useful because of the gigantic TV? (You don't have to answer that!) Stay safe, keep out of the DMZ, and have a great day! Love Karla and Diane
Hi Andy , This is my first time doing this without Aunt Diane, Grandpa and I want to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. LOVE Grandma Bremer
Happy Birthday Andy!!
If someone was grading me on my bed making skills, I'd be in a heap of trouble.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANDY!
Hi Andy, welcome to blog land and thanks for sharing all your pictures. I am a friend of your mom and Aunt Karla, I worked with them some years back. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
God Bless You and keep you safe
Deb
Happy 20th Birthday Andy! I hope you have a great day! :)
Happy birthday, Andy. I love the spoons - those are awesome.
Nice room - better than the barracks! No monkey on top of the lockers either! Happy Birthday! Dad
Happy Birthday Andy!
WOW! NICE TV! THANKS FOR POSTING SO MANY PICTURES - IT REALLY HELPS TO UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU DO THERE. I WISH MY NEPHEW HAD A BLOG. HE'S STATIONED IN JAPAN USUALLY ON AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER WHERE HE WORKS ON THE HELICOPTERS AND KEEPS THEM FLYING! (*he's in the navy*)
I ALSO WANTED TO WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT IT WHILE YOU WERE HOME BUT I HAD A CARD HERE FOR YOU - I GAVE IT TO YOUR PARENTS SO HOPEFULLY THEY CAN JUST FORWARD IT ON TO YOU NOW. JUST KNOW THAT I HAVE A CARD FOR YOU AND IT WILL GET THERE SOONER OR LATER! :)
Happy Birthday, Andy!
Happy Happy Birthday Andy,
We miss you but having the blog is so nice to see what you're up to.
We hope you have a great Birthday.
Love you!
Mark, Cheri, Nick, Arianna and Halle
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY!!!
Jason and Julie Reeder
Andy, so glad you have this blog and we can hear how you are doing. By the way we love the name of your blog address! We couldn't miss the opportunity to wish you a very Happy Birthday. Hope its a good one.
God Bless!
Jean and JB
Hi Andy,
I read your Mom's blog and have followed along on her reports of you. I keep you and your family in my prayers. My brother-in-law served in Iraq so I understand some of how your family will miss you.
I added you to my bloglines and even though I may not always comment, I will be keeping up on how things are going for you.
I see I should add a "Happy Birthday" too.
Happy Birthday Andy! I'm a friend of your moms. We went to school together. You are a very blessed kid to have a mom like her!
Hope your day is filled with extra special blessings and unexpected joys.
Loved the tour of your room. Can you teach my kids (who are your age) how to make a bed? Maybe I need to send them off to boot camp.
Happy Birthday Andy. Hope you have a great one!!!
Love you
Dave, Terri Katelyn Chelsea & Shaelyn
Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!
Wishing you a very happy birthday!
I am a blogging friend of your moms in California. Just know that I have prayed for your safety and will continue to do so until you are back home.
Don't underestimate how the Lord is using you there Andy.
In Him, Joanne
Happy Birthday Andy! You share the same birthday with my husband. this is from Gayle Uka. I came to your blog from your mum's own. i live in Nigeria, West Africa na dI am an African. God bless you.
Happy Birthday Andy!! Love the room pictures and I agree with your Mom you better see about buying that T.V. from your room mate... Very nice
Happy Birthday Andy! My nephew Andy just left Korea and is in Afghanistan now. He found a wife (she's from the Phillipines) while he was in Korea. They now have two adorable little girls. I think he liked it in Korea, and I hope you do too.
I was told by your mom to wish you a happy birthday. I know this post is from may 20, but here it's may 21, so happy 20th birthday (oh and you did make me jealous i want to come visit you now, he he)
I enjoyed the photos of your room. That TV is awesome. Everything looks very neat and tidy and you have great bed making techniques.
Blessings,
Mary
Looks like a bachelor pad! BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Andy...I was sent over from your mom to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Sunny South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale).
Your mom loves you very much and is so very proud of you!
Happy Birthday!
The Mashburn Family
Hope your birthday was a happy one, Andy!
aww, that is sweet of you to post those pics for your mom ... :o) ...
belated happy birthday greetings!
Just found your blog by way of your Mom. Happy Birthday!! (Great TV by the way)
dude - your rommmate would drive me nuts - his clothes would be folded and up when he got back cause i can't stand the mess! i know it's nothing like home but it is nice to have a roomie with a BIG tv for all that awesome free ppv - can you tape some and send them to your favorite auntie!
hahahahhah - just kidding - about the taping NOT about being the fav aunt!
Post a Comment