Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Korean Phrases

Some of you have asked me if I have been learning to speak Korean. Well I have only really learned a few phrases. I figured I would post some of them for you and let you try to learn them as well.

1. An-nyeong-ha-se-yo. . . . . . . . .Hello

2. Kam-sa-ham-ni-da. . . . . . . . . .Thank you

3. Mi-an-ham-ni-da. . . . . . . . . . . I'm sorry

4. Sil-leh-ham-ni-da. . . . . . . . . . .Excuse me

5. Do-wa-ju-se-yo . . . . . . . . . . . .Help me

6. Wha-jangsil-e-odi-yeyo . . . . . . .Where is the restroom?

7. Jooseyo . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Please give me _______

8.  Eol-ma-ye-yo . . . . . . . . . . . . .How much is this?

9. Bee-ssa-yo . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  It is expensive

10. Ggagga-jooseyo . . . . . . . . . . Give me a discount

11. Yogi, Chogi . . . . . . . . . . . . . Here, There

12. Oh-run-jok, When-jok . . . . . . Right, Left

13. Ne, Aniyo . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes, No

There you have it. You can now say you can speak Korean. Hope you all have a great day.

Andy

10 comments:

Mari said...

It looks like it's a lot harder to say those words than it is in english! I'm sure I would massacre the pronunciation too!

Lynn said...

Okay, I've been here almost a year, and you've already learned A LOT more Korean than I have!

Melissa said...

Wow! That's an awful lot of words/syllables just to say simple things like hello! I think I'll stick to Spanish and leave the Korean to you ;)

Terri said...

I recognize the hello. That's how DongJoo answered the phone. It's spelled completely different than I thought though!

Unknown said...

Yeah, now I can speak fluent Korean... Just kidding of course.. Why is it that the small words have the most syllables and letters and the big ones are short. Go figure.. Thanks Andy for the lesson

Cheri said...

Good to know some Korean for when you bring home a wife from there!!!

Rebekah said...

wow. dont think I even want to try to pronounce those

Rebekah said...

I do remember "jooseyo" from an episode of MASH

Laura said...

I think I'll concentrate on the that is too expensive and give me a discount ones - I like that! :)

Dena said...

Look at you - learning and teaching from afar - you make your auntie d oh so proud!