Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Crazy But Awesome Aunts

So I went to the mailroom on post here today to check my mailbox knowing that the chances of there being anything in there not very likely since I only sent my address home about a week ago. Add that with the speed of mailing things overseas and I figured the chances of me getting anything within at least a month not very likely. Imagine my surprise when I opened my box and there was something there. I pulled out the slip of paper only to find out that I had a package waiting for me. I received my package and looked at the address and found out that it came from ....

100_0675

Yes it's true, they  are wild and crazy. I walked up the stairs to my room wondering the whole way what they could have sent me. I got up to my room and opened the package up and pulled out this . . .

100_0683

I couldn't help but wondering why in the world would my aunts send me a stuffed animal. Upon reading the tag attached to it I realized the purpose.

100_0686 Ah. If only I had this while I was still in Virginia. It would have gotten a lot of use there. Included in the package was an assortment of other papers and pictures.

100_0687

I read the included information and laughed a lot. It is a common thing for lots of laughs to be included with letters from aunt Karla and Diane.

Thank you aunt Karla and aunt Diane. I really love it. I really appreciate the thought that you put into these things and all the letters you sent me throughout AIT. Thank you for all the laughs that you provide me. Just thinking about some of the things written about in the letter makes me laugh whenever I think about it. Thanks

Hope you all have a great day.

Andy

11 comments:

Cheri said...

They are great Aunts- Sounds like a really fun package!

Terri said...

I always knew they had a wild side to them. What a nice package for you!

Heather said...

They are great aunts - I am glad that the package got to you quickly!

Melissa said...

What a fun surprise! I love the stress buddy! :)

Karla and Diane said...

Wow! You got it already! We were sort of afraid that the Korean customs people would confiscate it. BTW, the Post Office made me put "stuffed animal" -- very crabby people at post offices. It's almost like being celebrities, being on your blog! Next letter in the works. BIG news. Articles, photos. Probably not another stress buddy, unless we hear you've beaten the dickens out of this one already! Aren't you glad we didn't put a squeaker inside it?! Love you loads. Stay safe, etc.

Your Wild and Crazy Aunts,

Karla and Diane

Mari said...

Very cool! That is typical of them! Now if your Mother would get her package sent, you could look forward to it!

AlaneM said...

Three things for ya Andy.
1. your aunts sound like my kinda gals.
2. I can now speak Korean almost as well as I can understand it - HA!
3. Awesome memorial day post, really awesome. I too did not think much about the day for many years. I intend that my kids do not end up the same way.

God bless!

Robert said...

Just imagine growing up with them, now you know why I'm not all there.

Unknown said...

I do believe there is a bit of mix up in the gene pool on yur Aunts side of the family. (No offense to your Dad,) however they do all seem to be very creative. ahem!!!

Laura said...

Goodness - I'm embarrased that I still haven't sent your package. I'm working on it - I promise. I was waiting for your e-mail reply, and then my computer broke this whole week. But this way you can look forward to it right? :)

They are too funny - they are great aunts for sure!

Dena said...

Mail is awesome! what a treat!