Monday, June 2, 2008

Gotta Love Computers

100_0718I was supposed to head over to my company yesterday but the base was having a change of command ceremony for the old commander who is leaving to transfer power to the new command coming in. The other four people that are going to the company at the same time as me, and I ran into one of the sergeants in the morning. He said it was stupid for us to go to the co. today because they were having rehearsals for the ceremony all day and we would just sit around. Therefore since no one else knew we were coming today we should just "disappear" and go to our rooms for the day. Well it didn't take much to persuade us to do that. So I spent the day in my room, sleeping, watching movies and the like. Which brings me to my next point.

I am angry at myself, and my computer. During the day I was looking out my window with my trusty digital camera in tow filming 2 apaches as they ran through pre flight checks then took off. After they were gone I moved on to taking short videos of the ROK air force as they were flying past in formations then breaking off to land one right after another. I, as you should already now, was in my glory. It was awesome. About twenty minutes later the apaches came back and I got footage of them landing and taxing over to park. Well by then I had about 15 short video clips and there was nothing else happening so I headed over to my trusty laptop to load the videos on and edit together some type of short video to post on my blog. I had something extraordinary in mind to. There was going to be music, and explosions, and aircraft flying around, and possibly Michael Scott and Dwight K. Shrute(assistant to the regional manager) would make an appearance. Ok, sorry I got a little carried away. But honestly there was going to be music and aircraft.

Anyway's, I popped in the little media card into the computer and transferred the recordings over popped the card back out and into the camera. I decided that video clips like that take up a lot of room on a media card and since I already had them saved on the computer I would just save room and delete them from the card. So three push's of a button later and they were gone. Awesome. Cant wait to get started. Head over the the laptop. Open the folder I saved them too. Wait, Where are the video clips (insert agitated scream).

Apparently my computer wanted to play silly little computer games with me today and when it said transferring files it was really punting them into the hinterlands of your hard drive where you know the files are there but only a super mad computer genius could ever have the wisdom, let alone, the technology to restive them. Isn't that magical. Just to spite me there was only one video there which happened to be one of the poorer quality ones.

So here you go. Instead of a wicked awesome video that would likely have won an Emmy (or at least some sort of rip off award) You get this. A lackluster video recorded on a digital camera. Take into account that I was zoomed in all the way. That's why it looks shaky. And that little portion in there where it looks like there was an earthquake and you see the sky for about 15 seconds, yeah I was trying to catch a ROK flyover. Sorry about that. I hope the video works.

UUUGGGGGHHHH! Now my computer wont load the video. So I will do my best to get that loaded at a later time and for now you only get this post and the above picture of a perturbed Andy.

Hope your day goes better then mine.

Andy.

11 comments:

Terri said...

Oh that really stinks! Sometimes these computers can be such a pain. Maybe you'll see some action like that again in the future to show us????!!!
I'll send out a little frustration scream with ya!

Melissa said...

Aw man!!! I'm so sorry...sometimes I just hate computers!

I don't know if this will help, but on my computer, you can go to the start menu, and then click on recent items, and it will show you what you have uploaded (if the pictures did upload to your computer. Otherwise you might be able to search for them....

Anonymous said...

No techno help from us, I'm afraid. Just commiseration. If it makes you feel better, I'm about to rip the on-board mouse out of our laptop with my bare hands. Flippin' thing is hyper-touchy. Hope you find the video...sounds awesome!!

Mari said...

I can only imagine how much you were "in your glory" only to be brought down by a computer. Happens to the best of us. Hopefully you will find it!

Robert said...

HULK SMASH!!!

Unknown said...

Oh the videos sound awesome just in the discription you wrote. Maybe some day they will appear.. or you will find them. Kinda funny when you think aobut how computers (a thing) can get us so upset.

Heather said...

AHHH! So frustrating! I hate it when those things happen!

Laura said...

Gosh I love you. You have to be the best, most funniest brother that ever did live. I would have loved to see that movie, complete with the Scott/Schrute duo tag team, but alas, I'll settle for the picture of the frustrated Andy.

Oh, by the way, Aaron, Sofie and I found a baby painter turtle at the park on Sunday, and before we saved his life by removing him from the dangerous road, we named him Mose. :)

Cheri said...

Ughhhh, that is so frustrating. I'm sure your video would certainly have been Emmy worthy.
I'll be excited to see the other video though.
PS- Anna wrote you a letter at school today. It was quite humorous. We'll get it in the mail to you.

AlaneM said...

Well it's a good picture of an perturbed Andy at least!

Sorry about your computer mishap - technology is great until something like this makes you want to throw it at the wall.

But now you know that mishaps make for great blog posts :)

Dena said...

that's the worst - i have to say that's the stuff that happens to me - I have somehow broken my camera and my backup camera - so now I have to borrow, beg and steal others or take them with my crappy phone camera!

at least you know you will get the shots again - you may have lost the emmy forever though!