On Saturday I went to a traditional Korean folk village sponsored by the chapel here on post. It was really cool to see the lifestyle and the way that Koreans lived.
A view of part of the park from a hilltop.
This was over the path leading up to the sculpture park.
One of many sculptures. Things like this are huge in Korea. You see them and places to buy statues everywhere as you are driving.
Pots to store Kimchi in. Kimchi is a sort of steam cabbage that is served with almost every meal. These pots where everywhere.
Masks are also very popular in Korea.
These pavilions were extremely ornate.
Look Laura, It was hosta land here too.
Can any one guess what this plant is?
Here's the answer . . .
Yes indeed. They were growing hemp here.
And here is another short video I put together of what I filmed in the park.
Have a great day. Andy
10 comments:
interesting video. Neat to see other cultures
That was fun to see.
I bet it felt good to do something other than work.
It looked like a beautiful park. I love the waterfall.
How cool to see what other cultures truly are like. Those pavilions look a lot like what we saw in China!
That looks like such a fun place to visit. I love the architecture and the waterfalls. Did you buy anything there?
neat place, and a museum too!
I also like the new pic at the top of your Blog.
That looks like a cool place to visit! I like to pic at the top of you blog as well!
Wow. Glad you're getting out seeing something of the country. Great video! Music was perfect too.
That was very interesting to see what it really looks like. Very ornate and beautiful buildings. Have you eaten any of the cabbage from those pots??
The music was haunting too!!!
Wow - it's REALLY pretty and VERY clean - not exactly what I was expecting!! I love it!
Wow - that was so cool to see. It also made me realize more that my little brother is really in Korea. It's very weird to think of you walking around in Korean villages. Can you read all those Korean signs yet?
Post a Comment