Some of you know that I have been undergoing rigorous training lately. For those of you that don't know what I am talking about let me explain. For me to be eligible to get promoted from Private First Class to the next pay grade of Specialist I would have to have 2 years of service in the Army which I will have in July of this year. However you can go to a waiver board and if do well enough you can win a waiver and get promoted.
On Thursday I went to the board and am know happy to announce that next Friday I would like to be addressed as Specialist Bruins!!
There were 9 people that went to the board but they only had 6 waivers to give out. We were asked questions about our weapon, the M-16, map reading and land navigation, military justice, drill and ceremony, and N.B.C.(nuclear, biological, and chemical). I only got 1 question wrong out of the twelve questions they asked.
In other news, concerning my pending move to Fort Carson, CO; our chain of command has our orders to move there and we will be receiving them on Wednesday. I still do not know what the official date for leaving the country will be or a date of when I will be home on leave. Hopefully soon though!
9 comments:
Congratulations Andy- We are so so proud of you! Our country is lucky to have you serving!
Can't wait to have you home again for just a bit!
Yeah! We are so proud of you! We'll be waiting for those orders to come in with actual dates too.
Congratulations Andy!! It's about time that your orders came in!!
Very cool! There is nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it, and may be hob-nobbing with the Major General doesn't hurt either!
Congratulations Andy! Way to go Specialist Bruins!!!!! Thank you for your service!
CONGRATS!! Way to go! I always knew you would do well - after all, we are related :) Can't wait to hear your orders and when you'll be a bit closer to home.
Pleased to meet you Specialist Bruins!!!! Very good job and I agree with Cheri we are lucky to have you serving our country!!!
congratulations, you are now my favorite 20 yr. old cousin (not that you have never been my favorite 20 yr. old cousin) anyways, i'm VERY proud of you, i always knew you would be great
Well done Specialist Bruins. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Thanks, stay safe, and Godspeed.
Post a Comment