Monday, February 16, 2009

Homeless Part 1

CIMG4107 Saturday night was a very eventful night for me. I am now able to cross being homeless for a night off of my list of things to do. It all started with Wilson and myself going to the Korean war memorial and Seoul tower with Morrow who had never been to ether and needed someone to go with him. Me and Wilson thought we would go again just to have something to do on a Saturday and what's the worst that could happen. By the time we finished at the war memorial it was about 1600 and we figured that we could still go to Seoul Tower and take the 1800 bus back from Seoul. Mistake # 1.

By the time we left Seoul Tower it was about 1730 and we knew we weren't going to make the bus on time. Morrow said we could take a express bus back from Seoul instead of catching the one at 1800 which is just for U.S. military. And we trusted him. Mistake # 2.

Once we got back to the post we ate some quick dinner(the smartest thing we did all night) and then caught a cab to the express bus terminal. This place was like an airport. It was huge. There wasn't a bus running to Wonju which is the city where Camp Eagle is located. Instead we took one to Hongseong which we mistook for Hangseong which is about 15 the other way of Camp Eagle. Mistake # 3.

The bus left at 2040 and we didn't get to Hongseong until 2230, just as the bus terminal there was closing. We didn't recognize anything around us and were beginning to wonder where we were. We jumped in a cab and told him to take us to Wonju. He knew where Wonju was but was going to charge us 200,000 Won, which is a little under $200. And that is when we knew we were just a little of course.

To be continued . . .

In other news I will be flying out of Korea on March 15 at 1140. I will be back in MI at 1540 on the 15th.

6 comments:

A Stone Gatherer said...

I'm a little nervous! There was no danger of being AWOL was there! YIKES!

Cheri said...

Oh my word Andy! I'm glad I didn't know this was happening at the time.

Heather said...

You guys all look so sad in that picture!!

Mari said...

I'm just glad I didn't find out about this till I knew you were safe and sound!

Unknown said...

I'm assuming this turns out ok, but I bet you guys were a bit worried. As you should have been.

Terri said...

That's a sad looking picture. I'm waiting to find out the ending. At least I know you're safe now.