
I dont have much to say today about life in Korea because I havent done anything lately. I will say I am pretty bored because there is nothing to do here and I cant leave the post. So I figured I would share some pictures of AIT with you all.
I was at Fort Eustis, VA for my Advanced Individual Training from September 29, 2007 to April 24, 2008. I was assigned to alpha company "gators", 1 battalion of the 222nd aviation regiment "skymasters", 8th transportation battalion. I had a realativly fun time here although it did have those times when I felt like the world was out to get me.
This is a view of my barracks. Let me tell you they look pretty nice from the outside but they could have used a little bit of work on the inside.

Here is the hanger where I went to school every night. There was a total of 16 helicopters in here.

Here is a closeup of the U.S. Soldiers best friend and our enemies worst nightmare. The AH-64d Apache Longbow.

And here is a picture of class 01-08Y. My class.

The first two pics are of one of my friends, Wortham. He was always doing crazy things so I have many pictures of him like these.


This is Wortham and Chambers. They were so excited because we were graduating the next day.

This is the group that I hung out with the most. From left they are Wortham, Mackin, Chambers, me, and Kelly.

This is another one of my friends, Debolt and me.

All in all AIT wasnt that bad. At the time I thought it was but looking back I have a lot of great memories and met a lot of people that I will be friends with forever.

15 comments:
Andy, Thanks for sharing some of your pictures from VA. It looks like there were some good times. (:
It was fun looking at these pictures again and seeing you with your friends. That's a great sunset picture.
Great pictures. Are any of those guys in Korea with you now?
Dad said...Bored already? Seems like ages ago we were at Eustis,neat place.
We're picturing you using your nifty new tea spoons. Very spiffy. LOVE the blog. You're doing a fabulous job on it. Keep it coming. Karla's worried they're not keeping you busy enough and you'll get into trouble. So...stay safe (and all the rest) and try not to start anything in the DMZ, ok?
Ok, I goofed on the last entry...I must not have logged in right and it put anonymous. We're NOT anonymous ... we're
Karla and Diane!
I liked seeing those pics of you and your friends. And also of all those helicopters - sure glad I'm American right? :) Love ya!
Looks like y'all had a LITTLE bit of fun there - you will be doing the same things in no time flat!
I love the pictures. I'm wondering too if any of those guys are with you now.
It sure does look like a lot of goofing around was happening and here I was feeling so bad for all the hardships you were going through!!!
I love that sunset picture! It was fun to see pictures from AIT and of your friends. :)
Your mother sent me your post it looks very professional. ps Laura was wondering if you have taco bells in korea? Duane
Looks like you had a bunch of nice friends to hang with. Are any of them with you now?? Love the picture of the sunset.
Happy Happy Birthday Andy- your mom is one special lady and is missing you on this special day.
She asked us to stop over and share our well wishes.
I'm so glad I did because I've enjoyed seeing the pictures you've provided of your unit and your training.
Have a great day and know that we are all praying for you.
-Chelle'
Happy Birthday, Andy!
Happy Birthday, Andy!! Hope you had a great day!!!
Post a Comment