Friday, August 15, 2008

A Day in the Life of an Armament Dawg

Today I figured I would give you all an inside look at the goings on inside an armament workshop and out on the flight line. So I will cut right to the chase.

100_1101 Here you can see the armament dawg in his natural habitat. There are some workbenches that also serve as wonderful seats and there are lots of drawers to hold hundreds of screws, bolts, washers and lots of other fun things.

100_1108 Here is a view of the other side of the shop. This is a prime example of what we have been doing lately since there is not much work to be done.

100_1109 This is a picture of one of Pfc. Sandridge standing next to the inspection board. This is the board that has the 24 aircraft and all the due dates of the inspections on it.

100_1114 This is out on the flight line. The Huey you see flying is part of the ROK air force. The helicopters aren't too bad when they fly around, it's the jets sitting on their flight line with full  afterburners, taking off, and landing that are obnoxious.

100_1117 The Apaches lined up.

100_1124 This is Pfc. Mackin doing the most common task - a 14 day gun inspection. He is inspecting the gun for anything wrong and making sure everything is clean.

100_1137  This is the hanger where I work.

100_1142 These are the barracks.

Well that's all I have for you today. Have a good day.

9 comments:

Mari said...

Interesting - thanks for the peek into your daily life!

Melissa said...

Thanks...that was really neat to see a glipse of what you do each day! :)

Heather said...

That was very interesting! Thanks for the look into your daily life!

Cheri said...

That was really interesting to see.
I guess you really are working over there huh!

Terri said...

So you really are doing more than sitting around, huh?
I love the look into your life.

Unknown said...

Looks like there is more to it than just loafing around to me. Just keeping the helicopters in shape is a big responsibility alone. Thanks for the insight

Robert said...

Yup, there's our tax dollars at work, holding down benches with your fanny. Cool pic's, thanks.

Laura said...

That was pretty cool to see! I like those inside glimpses.

Anonymous said...

We like the bathroom sign on earlier post. Love this too! Sorry, we're a little behind because of broken shoulder, etc.