Yes, labor day has rolled around once again bringing with it one of the joys of being in the army, the glorious four day weekend. You may be looking at the title of this post know and wondering why then did I title it my five day weekend, because I am single.
You see any time a federal holiday rolls around the army sees fit to take give us that holiday off as well as the day before or after it off. And because of Saturday and Sunday we get a four day weekend. What a great policy.
Going back to my weekend, the chapel on base is sponsoring a trip to Caribbean Way water park for single soldiers. As with many other events I was voluntold that I was going. That is on Friday. And the four day weekend lasts till Tuesday. Yea!
There is not a whole lot else going on for me to talk about. I guess we are going to the field at the end of September so the pilots can shoot some Hellfire missiles. Their "the big ones". To get out there we have to convoy and because of that our shop is trying to get everyone licensed in driving one of these.
This is an LMTV or more commonly known as a 2 1/2 ton or deuce and a half based on the cargo capacity. So I was supposed to be taking a drivers test in one through some back villages of Korea however other things have come up when ever I was supposed to go. We'll see if it ever happens.
I guess that's it for know. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
5 comments:
I hope you have fun on your voluntold trip! Enjoy the long weekend too - we'll be thinking of you at our picnic on Monday because I KNOW you would want to be there!
Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! That truck is huge...I can't imagine driving that beast!! :)
That is one big truck. I don;t think you need to drive it anyway!
Have fun at the waterpark and enjoy your weekend. Dad, Heather and I are all working!
Thru a village! That truck looks like it would go over the village, bet it's a great view from up there in the drivers seat.
I bet those tires on that truck are as big as my little Miata..Maybe I could drive it right under it without getting a scratch.. LOL
Have a fun voluntold weekend..
Post a Comment