Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Trips to Yongsan

DSC00321 A few posts ago I mentioned that I would be posting about my trip to Yongsan. Yongsan is a military base pretty much in Seoul. I believe it is one of the biggest posts in South Korea. I go here often as it has many stores and things to do. However recently I have gone off the base with two of my friends and we have been exploring the many shopping districts around Seoul but overall just sightseeing.

I hope you are in the mood to see lots of pictures because I have a lot of them.  100_1199

This is one of the tallest buildings in Seoul. We decided to take the elevator to the top floor (33) to get a good view of this . . .

100_1245

100_1246 100_1249 100_1250 When we got done looking at the view we decided to try to take the stairs to a higher floor but couldn't get anywhere. However we found out that the door leading into the stairwell on the 33 floor locked behind us, so we had to take 66 flights of stairs down to the ground level. No fun, but I guess that's what we get for going where we weren't supposed to be.

100_1203

100_1204 Some booths for street vendors.

100_1206 100_1209 Craved figures outside a shop.

100_1214 100_1215 This guy was copying this painting onto this large cloth right in the middle of the street.

100_1257 A national monument. This bell tower was built, burned down, and rebuilt since 1396.

100_1264 This family was performing next to this small river running through Seoul. 100_1263

100_1272 There was lots of figures like tennis players, soccer, softball, etc. hanging form these arches for the Olympics.

 100_1276 I even got to see the Olympic torch without even having to go to Beijing. This was near a large tv playing the Olympics.

100_1270 Elvis even decided to show up to watch the Olympics.

That's all I have for know so until next time Me and my new friend are saying goodbye.

100_1210

7 comments:

Cheri said...

Those were so neat to see- I didn't expect Korea to look like that. Halle says it looks like New York!

Melissa said...

66 flights of stairs!?!? At least you were going down, not up! I have to say, I'm a bit jealous of everything that you're getting to see and experience. I love seeing your pictures! :)

Mari said...

Great pictures! The Olympic torch and Elvis? Wow! I'm glad you were going down the 66 flights - not up!

Terri said...

I hope that you learned a lesson and won't go where you're not supposed to anymore!!
I love the stuff those street vendors sell and that painting is just amazing.

Unknown said...

Very colorful indeed!!! Aren't you glad you were going down those steps, it's kinda funny really...

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I like your new friend too!! LOL

Rebekah said...

Elvis? Really? Maybe he aint dead