Monday, August 11, 2008

So Many Pictures

100_1173

I was just sorting through all my pictures and realized that I have taken a ton of them. There is so many of them that I want to post I might be doing some posts of just pictures. I don't know yet though.

I tried to get some pictures of the monsoon rains but they did not turn out and it just looks foggy so I will not post those. However I recently to a trip to Yongson which is a army post in the middle of Seoul. I have gone there quite a bit to buy things or just to get away from camp eagle. This was the first time I left the post and went out into Seoul however.

100_1016 A fake crossing guard. He moved as we were passing and scared us.

100_1032 Man sleeping in tunnel.

100_1039 E-mart - a HUGE store filled with nothing but electronics.

100_1041 1 floor of nothing but camera's

100_1020100_1021  100_1022 Next floor - nothing but cell phones

100_1042 100_1043

Home appliances. This fridge had a display on the front with all sorts of fancy settings.

100_1067 100_1068 100_1069 This is the view from the roof of the building, which used to be a sports stadium.

100_1086 100_1087 And these are the stairs leading into the store. The car is a painting for a car dealer and the other is flights of stairs with fountains under them but the water ends when the stairs ends and starts again when the stairs star. It's really hard to explain but it was a cool effect.

Stay tuned for more on my most recent trip to Yongsan, Life in the armament shop, and even a few Korenglish pictures.

7 comments:

Mari said...

Great pictures! I like the one of the city. That store is really something. I don't know how you would buy something there - it's too much to choose from!

Zaankali said...

Engineering minds want to know... so do your feet get wet on the stairs that are like a waterfall?

Robert said...

Stairs with waterfalls? So does the elevator have a shower in it?

Unknown said...

Wow!! talk about hi tech in the stores over there, pretty nice. I garee with your Mom to much to choose from I would feel overwhelmed..

Melissa said...

I love the stairs...what a neat effect!!!

Terri said...

I love your new header picture! The e-mart store looks great. Glad that you got a new computer and are back.

Cheri said...

Are you liking your new computer- it's the exact same one I have!

The stairs would scare me away!
Love the cell phone- very cool.