Sunday, October 5, 2008

Back Again, Back Again

100_1689

Well, I have arrived safely back from the field with minimal injuries although I was extremely dirty and not to pleasant smelling. Somehow the good ole' baby wipe baths just don't work quite as well as a normal shower. Imagine that. The week started with the entire battalion being at one area for a field exercise. Armament only stayed there for 4 days and then we left for the FARP(Forward Arming Refueling Point, more to come on that later). This was were we loaded the aircraft up with rockets and 30mm rounds for the pilots to go shoot. I have a lot of stories to tell, pictures to show(I took over 200) and even some videos to post. However I have to sort through it all first. Just bear with me for now, I am busy with field recovery and prep for the next time we go to the field, the 14th of this month. I am doing my best.

5 comments:

Mari said...

Glad you are back, safe and sound even though you don't smell the best. I'm looking forward to the pictures and will try to be patient.

Robert said...

It's just good to hear from you again.

Cheri said...

Glad you're back- take your time- you need a little time to recover from that I'm sure.
I want to hear about loading the rocket.

Unknown said...

I wouldn't like that one bit, the no shower thing I mean. Glad your back, take your time to recoup.

Heather said...

Glad that you are back and I can't wait to see all those pictures! I agree with Nancy too - I wouldn't do well without a shower!