My week in field began at landing zone tom. It is a dried up river bed. I was only here for 4 days before moving to the FARP. It was actually a nice scenic area. It was in a valley with mountains all around.
What I called home for a week. The camo netting on top gave it a nice cozy feeling.
This was one of the main approaches the pilots would fly through when they were coming in to land. It was a cool site to see because they would come around the corner of the mountain really fast and low.
It was always foggy in the morning.
We had two hour shifts sitting in this truck. It was stationed at the edge of camp as a guard. That's a .50 cal on top.
I liked the trees in top of this mountain.
Here we are moving our tent. The area where they had us set up
was 300 meters north of where they originally had planned. So three days into being there they decided to have us move the entire camp so they could take an aerial photo for next time we go out. Gotta love the infinite wisdom of some people.
7 comments:
I love the camo net - it does make for a nice homey feeling.
Great picture of the morning too.
I love the pictures! Three days? They made you wait three days before they had you move? Some people just don't think sometimes!
Nice pic's. Is that you in the truck with the 50. cal? I'd also like to know why everyone is working moving camp and somebody is just taking pictures! :o
I love the moving of the tent. That is crazy. The mountains are really pretty!
I love the picture of the trees on top of the mountain too- very cool!
Super pictures. Love the digs you got to stay in and so mobile!!!
Wow - when you said they had you move the tent I didn't realize you'd just pick it up and move it! But I was wondering the same thing as Dad - how do the other guys feel about you taking pics while they move the tent? :)
Post a Comment