Monday, October 20, 2008

Chik-do Hellfire Shoot

100_1955 So for the last 5 days I was down south at Kunsan Air Force Base living it up during the hellfire shoot. It was a very relaxed few days. We took a Chinook down there and once again it was a good flight and I was even able to get some sleep during the trip. Here are some views of Korea from the air.

100_1950 

100_1951

100_1952

100_1953 These are both pictures of the yellow sea. Kunsan air base is right on the beach of the sea. 100_1957

Kunsan is home of the 8th fighter wing which flies the F-16 fighting falcon. We set up right at the end of the runway which meant I got to watch them take off and land all day.

100_1980

The apaches only shoot hellfire's one day because the rest of the days it was to foggy. I wasn't able to see them fire because they were firing at an island off the cost so I don't have any pictures of that. Here is some of the missiles I loaded up.

100_2090

100_2091

I will end here today. I still have some pictures of a C-130 cargo plane that messed up our planes and some other random pictures. Stay tuned.

8 comments:

Power Up Love said...

Stay strong!

May God Bless...

Cheri said...

The missiles are really neat to see.
Glad you had a good field experience again.

Mari said...

Those are some big missiles! You got some good pictures from the Chinook. Glad you had a relaxed time and are back.

Dena said...

You always have the BEST pictures!

Heather said...

Great pictures!! Glad you had a good time!

Robert said...

I love the big grin on your face in the first pic, happy to be flying again or thinking about mom and the Chinook?

Unknown said...

My, My you are a gad about fly here fly there, in that huge chinook, & those missiles are scary looking I bet they can do a bunch of damage.
Nice place to be by the sea!!!

Laura said...

Wow! Those are some big missiles.
I can't figure out how to be your follower - on Dad's page there was a thing - how do I do it?