Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More Photos From Kunsan

100_2014Hey, don't laugh, this is like the Hummer of Korea.

 

 

 

100_2072

100_2110 

 

 

 

 

 

 

100_2125 The sunsets here are awesome every night.

 

 

 

 

 

A hilltop view of part of the base and city. 100_2113

 100_2115 100_2124

The picture on the left is a small bunker. We found these all over the base but I liked this one because it was nestled away in the trees. The picture on the right reminded us of the Chronicles of Narnia light post.

100_2083 This C-130 Hercules was in the way on Friday. It wasn't as foggy in the morning so we thought the pilots would be able to shoot some hellfire's but then we were informed that the C-130 was going to land where we were working so it could load up. We were a annoyed by it but then we found out it was being loaded with live 40mm HE(high explosive) rounds and taking them to Iraq or Afghanistan. We figured it was okay then. That's a little more important then shooting some hellfire's for practice.

On Saturday we had to spray the helicopters d100_2095own because they had been flying over salt water which is bad for them. Let's just say the three of us here got a little wet. But it was fun because we got to play with a fire hose. Yeah!

 

100_2093

A parting shot of some of the Apaches before they took off after their bath.

5 comments:

Mari said...

That does look like the lamp post from Narnia. I'm glad to see yo working in the picture instead of just taking pictures!

Cheri said...

Well I didn't laugh at the hummer- but I did chuckle!
The sunsets are beautiful!

Unknown said...

the korean hummer looks very cute and I bet it is alot better on gas than the USA hummers.
I think the lamp post is cute to, I park in front of a lamp post everyday, thinking maybe instead of going in to work I might just end up in Narnia...LOL
nice pics

Laura said...

Very nice pictures - Aaron especially liked the first one. I like the photo of you working that fire hose. And for your information - that "Follow this blog" link was not there yesterday - I'm not that dumb!

Robert said...

Nice van, do they park them in a garage or stuff'em in their pocket? I like that last pic with the Apaches.